It could be frustrating when the speech module is not working. There could be multiple reasons.
1. Check whether you are on the right course
Speech is available only with our premium products. If you have already bought a course, please click "Change Course" and choose your appropriate course
2. Check whether you have switched on speech
There is a 'Mic is On" button in your settings. Check whether it's "On". If not, switch it on. Your browser will prompt you to provide permission for STEP Website to use your Mic or Speakers or headphones. Please "Allow" STEP Website to access your devices. When you switch on the mic, you will be taken to a "Mic Test"
When you switch on the mic, you will be taken to a "Mic Test" page. Follow the instructions provided to you.
3. If your mic or if there are any issues during the mic test, please check your browser settings.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- Under "Camera" or "Microphone," click one of the options:
- Ask when a site requires access to your camera and microphone: Chrome alerts you whenever a site asks to use your camera and microphone.
- Do not allow sites to access your camera and microphone: Automatically deny any site requests to use your camera and microphone.
- To remove permissions you already granted to sites, click Manage exceptions.
1. Check whether you have given permission for STEP to access your Mic and Speaker
2. After selecting don't forget to check "Remember this decision".
4. If you still have issues with the speech module, please raise a ticket in this link - http://support.steptest.in/support/tickets/new or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be helpful if you give the following information in the email.
1. Whether you are accessing STEP on web, app or mobile browser?
2. Name of the browser and version.